If you were injured on someone else’s property in New York City, you might be entitled to financial compensation. Property owners, business owners or tenants are responsible for keeping their premises in a safe condition. If they fail to keep their property in a safe condition and you are injured you may be entitled to compensation.
Our New York City premises accident lawyers know how to investigate these incidents and hold negligent property owners responsible for the harm they cause. Your initial consultation is free, and you won’t pay upfront for our services. So don’t wait to contact our NYC office if you’ve been hurt.
Our team at the Law Offices of Darren T. Moore represents clients across New York City and Staten Island.
Why Choose Our Law Firm?
Our knowledgeable and compassionate team of attorneys and staff handle all aspects of your premises accident case, from providing legal advice, filing an insurance claim, negotiating with the other side, and representing you in court.
Darren T. Moore has recovered millions of dollars in settlements and jury verdicts for clients injured in various accidents. Our testimonials show what these results mean to our satisfied clients.
We are committed to helping New York accident victims obtain the compensation they need and are entitled to after a life-altering injury.
What Is Premises Liability?
Premises liability refers to an area of law that holds negligent property owners, business owners or tenants liable when others are injured on their property. Property owners must keep their premises safe for guests, visitors, and patrons. They are also responsible for warning of any known hazards on the property.
To hold a property owner liable you must establish certain elements to prove negligence and to recover compensation for your injuries. You must prove the following:
- Duty: The property owner had a reasonable duty of care to provide you.
- Breach: They breached that duty by failing to keep their property reasonably safe.
- Causation: The owner’s actions or inactions caused the incident that lead to your injuries.
- Damages: You suffered injury or harm as a result.
A New York City injury lawyer can help you gather evidence to help prove your case. That is why it is important to reach out to a New York City lawyer.
Types of Premises Accidents?
If you get hurt on someone else’s property due to unsafe conditions or negligence, you may be entitled to compensation through a premises liability claim. Types of Premise accidents in New York include the following:
- Slip and fall accidents
- Trip and fall accidents
- Incidents caused by inadequate lighting
- Negligent security measures
- Defective elevators or escalators
- Dangerous stairwell conditions
- Retail store accidents
- Toxic mold
- Subway and train accidents
- Accidents caused by snow and ice
- Swimming pool accidents, including drownings
- Equipment malfunctions
- Dog bites and other animal attacks
You deserve Moore Justice(917) 809-7014
We are 100% committed and dedicated to maximizing your recovery and obtaining the justice and compensation that you deserve.
Who Is Liable in a New York Premises Accident Case?
Liable parties in premise accidents are those who fail to maintain a safe environment on their property which result in injuries.
Depending on where you are injured, you could sue homeowners, landlords, building owners, businesses, tenants or public entities.
What Is the Value of My Premises Liability Claim?
Our New York City attorneys work relentlessly to recover the compensation you deserve after an accident. Depending on the circumstances of your injury, you may qualify for economic and non-economic damages, including the following:
- Medical expenses
- Future medical treatment costs
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
Insurance companies can be notoriously unconcerned with mounting costs that an injured party may accrue. That is why it is important to consult with an attorney who can help fight the Insurance companies. Our New York City attorneys can help get you the compensation you deserve.
What Is the Statute of Limitations to Bring a Premise Lawsuit?
The statute of limitations depends on where your accident happened. That is why it is important to consult with an attorney immediately following your accident to make sure your rights are protected.
If you were injured on a private property such as an apartment building, grocery store, commercial building the statute of limitations is 3 years from the date of the accident.
If you were injured on a Governmental/City property the Statute of limitations is 1 year and 90 days from the date of the accident. You must also file a Notice of Claim within 90 days from the date of the accident
If the accident results in someone’s death, their personal representative has two years to bring a wrongful death action.
If you miss these deadlines you will not be able to recover the compensation you deserve. It is very important to speak with any attorney as soon as you can.
How Can a Premises Accident Lawyer Help?
After getting hurt on someone else’s property in New York City, hiring a personal injury lawyer with experience in cases like yours is ideal. A premises accident attorney could help by:
- Investigating the accident: A qualified lawyer could investigate the incident and determine who may be liable for your injuries. They could gather evidence, obtain video footage, get photographs, interview witnesses, and consult with experts to build a strong case on your behalf.
- Negotiating with insurance companies: Insurance companies often try to settle premises accident claims for as little as possible. A New York City premises accident lawyer could negotiate with insurers to ensure you receive fair compensation.
- Representing you in court: If negotiations with insurance companies fail, your attorney can file a lawsuit and argue your case before a judge and jury. They can protect your rights by presenting evidence to support your claim.
- Providing support and guidance: Dealing with the aftermath of a premises accident can be overwhelming, both physically and emotionally. A qualified attorney can provide the support and guidance you need to relax and focus on your recovery.
Contact a Premises Accident Lawyer in New York City
If you or a loved one has been injured in or around New York City, a team member at the Law Offices of Darren T. Moore can evaluate your case. We are available 24/7, and there are no upfront fees. We only get paid when we get you a settlement or court award.
Don’t let an insurance company settle for less than your case is worth. Our New York City premises accident attorneys could help you get the justice and compensation you deserve. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation.