People can suffer from an injury at work due to a number of different reasons. Whether it’s due to the carelessness or negligence of a colleague, violations of a third party such as a building owner or a subcontractor, or due to another reason through no fault but their own, accidents can happen.
Most accidents that happen in a workplace are incredibly common and when someone is injured on the job, they may be entitled to file a workers compensation insurance claim.
Did You Know?
- Over 5,100 workers died from a work-related injury in the U.S. in 2017, this is down only slightly from 2016 when almost 5,200 workers died from work-related injuries.
- There were close to 2.8 million non-fatal workplace injuries or illnesses that were reported by private industry employers in 2017. This occurred at a rate of around 2.8 cases for every 100 full-time workers included in this data.
Injuries at work can vary from a small cut, a broken bone, or something even more catastrophic. This includes a number of different permanent or severely disabling injuries that may also take away your ability to support yourself and/or your family going forward. The reasons for these injuries occurring in the first place can be caused by a variety of workplace incidents including:
- Defective Machinery or Equipment
- Falling Debris & Tools On A Construction Site
- Burns At Work
- The Exposure To Dangerous & Harmful Substances
- and More.
Knowing that you can seek workers’ compensation can help provide you with some solace and peace of mind when you’re suffering from any type of injury at your workplace. Worker’s compensation is something that should always be provided by your employer when they’re found to be responsible. This compensation can help provide you with the medical coverage you need to help cover any treatments you may need during your recovery period. This means that while you recover from your injuries, you won’t need to worry about any out of pocket expenses related to the medical treatments you receive. You may also be entitled to some additional compensation for any lost wages due to lost time at work. Get in touch with our worker’s compensation attorneys.
Have you been injured in an accident at your workplace?
Contact our expert Worker’s Compensation lawyers here at Darren T. Moore P.C today (917) 809-7014 or email us at email@example.com
You deserve Moore Justice(917) 809-7014
We are 100% committed and dedicated to maximizing your recovery and obtaining the justice and compensation that you deserve.