As White Plains slip and fall and trip and fall injury lawyers, we fight to get you compensated for your injury due to a property owner’s negligence. Types of accidents include slipping on snow and ice on a sidewalk, slipping on debris or liquid left inside a store or stairwell, trip and falling on a broken mis-leveled sidewalk, falling on a broken step. If this has happened to You, You may be entitled to compensation for pain and suffering and also for your economic damages which include lost wages and medical expenses you incurred due to an accident. Our skilled attorneys are prepared to handle your personal injury lawsuit from start to finish and fight for #MOOREJUSTICE.
At the Law Offices of Darren T. Moore, we will help to get you the care and treatment you need and also fight tooth and nail to get you the justice and compensation that you deserve for the injuries you sustained as a result of the negligence of others. We fight for our clients as if they were our own family members.
What Our Office Recommends in the Event of Suffering a Slip and Fall or Trip and Fall Injury
There are actions you can do after an accident to protect your rights and also give yourself the best chance at receiving full and fair compensation. These actions can assist you with your recovery and ultimately support your personal injury claim:
- Visit your regular physician, an urgent care or an emergency room right away and get medical attention. Allow doctors, the medical professionals to examine you and rule out any injuries even if you feel fine initially, remember most people go into a state of shock after an accident.
- Take as many photos as possible of the dangerous condition, situation or setting where the accident happened.
- Report the incident to the company or the owner. Detail your injuries and the circumstances surrounding your accident and ask for a copy of any accident report that they complete.
- Contact a slip and fall or trip and fall law firm is right for you. Just as you would go to a doctor to get a professional medical opinion, consult an injury attorney if involved in an accident. Call our slip and fall attorneys for a free consultation.
Importance of Hiring a Slip and Fall or Trip and Fall Lawyer for Your Injury Case
Slip and fall or Trip and Fall accident attorneys in White Plains, NY, assist their clients in recovering financially from the negligence of property owners by fighting for full and fair justice, that is the fairest settlement possible from the responsible party(ies). Our slip and fall and trip and fall attorneys are qualified to do the following:
- Examine the specifics of your accident and potential personal injury claim
- Evaluate your harms and losses, economic and non-economic
- Decide on a course of action, hire experts, enlist the assistance of investigators and even engineers
- Send letters of preservation for surveillance footage
- Canvass the area for witnesses
- Make sure proper parties are placed on Notice
- Discuss what a lawsuit entails, how long it takes and what to expect
- Discuss reasonable settlement possibilities with the insurance company
- Defend your rights to ensure that they are not compromised
- If no agreement can be reached, file a lawsuit and prepare to go to court
- Litigate your case in the Court system aggressively
- If no agreement can be met during litigation, take the case to trial
Hiring a personal injury lawyer from the Law Offices of Darren T. Moore will prevent any insurance companies from exploiting you and giving you an unfair settlement. Our staff fights for #Moorejustice – full and fair compensation for deserving and wronged individuals.
Compensation Awarded for a Slip and Fall Injury in New York
If you’re wondering how much a slip and fall or trip and fall settlement is worth for your particular injury, know from the outset that there is no way to compute a typical average settlement amount because each case is unique and brings with it, it’s own set of facts, circumstances and characteristics. The end amount awarded is intended to cover any consequences of your slip and fall or trip and fall accident. In most personal injury lawsuits, the following damages are awarded:
- Pain and Suffering
- Emotional Distress
- Psychological injury
- Accident-related medical bills for past and future
- Loss of earnings both in the past and the future
- Property damage.
- Punitive damages ( in rare cases)
There may be occasions, more than you can imagine, when the insurance company tries to minimize your claim or injuries, but rest assured our legal team is familiar with that tactic and specializes in personal injury litigation and is ready to hold those responsible and accountable. Our litigation team aggressively advocates for your rights.
Your compensation package’s value is weighed in relation to your loss of quality of life, loss of earnings and medical costs. Your White Plains slip and fall and trip and fall accident lawyer will fight to ensure that your slip and fall injuries are fully accounted for and compensated as part of any negotiations and/or verdict.
Typical Slip and Fall Injuries
The following are typical injuries that result from these types of cases:
- Traumatic brain injuries: Concussions and other common brain traumas that could affect cognitive alertness.
- Broken bones: Although they happen in about one in five slip and fall accidents per CDC, broken bones are more frequent in young children and older persons.
- Soft tissue injuries: Most often in the knees, hips and shoulder, falls could lead to torn muscles, ligaments or tendons which could require surgery and rehabilitation to repair.
- Neck and back problems: Whiplash and muscular spasms are two prominent examples. These injuries include limb discomfort, restricted mobility, sleeplessness, headaches, and other symptoms.
- Spinal cord damage: In addition to # 4 above, herniated disks are one type that frequently necessitates surgery, a stay in the hospital, and continued rehabilitation.
Choose a Top-Rated Slip and Fall or Trip and Fall Attorney in White Plain, New York, to Represent You
If you were injured in any way while on someone else’s property, you may have a case and ultimately be eligible for compensation.Don’t sit around wondering, pick up the phone and call us today for a FREE CONSULTATION.
If you are worried that hiring a lawyer is too expensive, at the Law Offices of Darren T. Moore, we run on a contingency-fee-basis, that is we’re only paid if we’re successful for you. Contact us immediately to set up an appointment for a free consultation and no-obligation case evaluation. A White Plains, NY, slip and fall and trip and fall accident lawyer is ready to fight for #Moorejustice for you and your family.